"Hundred-year-old photograph stares out from a frame,
If you look real close you'll see our eyes are just the same,
I may not know where I'm going,
but I'm sure where I came from,
They're my Gardian Angels,
and I'm their special one."

Here is most most recently completed project. I remember in my Grandparents basement looking at some of these pictures on the wall, as well as others of my great grandparents. I LOVE looking at old pictures, especially of my own family. I have been dreaming this one up for a lot of years, and it took a long time to find all the pictures, but hopefully it will give my kids a sense of their roots, as it does for me.
MATHEWS/EKLOF ROOTS

MARTINEAU/BRAITHWAITE ROOTS
BRANCHES!!
7 comments:
This is SO cool! Thanks so much for putting it up on the blog! I love love LOVE it!
Jen that is amazing! What a neat thing for your children to be reminded of and always be able to see. You're amazing! (I also want to know how long it took for you to measure and hang up all those pictures... *my least favorite job of decorating* ;-P ...) Great job!
-Jessica
Too long. In fact, while I was deciding whether to eye it or measure I thought, "Jessica would measure." So there you go.
That turned out so great1 I love it!!!! I want to see it in person!
LOVE this! It is amazing! You have inspired me! I now want to come over and see it in person :-)
Ååååå wow, that is soooo wonderful! How pretty you made that. Hmm, our mormors do look alike - I wonder why...
Jen, this is so beautiful! I love everything about it, the colour of the wall, the phrames, the arrangement, the thought behind it, and of course those pictures of you, Annebel, Britta and Ernst bring out many feeling in me. I just said goodbye to your mother this Monday, and cried when she left. We will miss having her here.
Families are wonderful, and what a blessing it will be when we are no longer separated by oceans, time or death, but can all be together. Your wall is such a wonderful reminder of that.
/cousin Hanna
Post a Comment