Monday, October 20, 2008

"Revived"

For everyone who thinks I dropped off the planet....I did!


Earlier this week Glen and I took a fun trip to Southern California (post coming soon). When we got back I was more than overwhelmed with life. I also have had a hard time getting a grip after being released from Young Women's and put into Cub Scouts. Saturday morning, Glen asked me to write a list of what I needed to get done, then he put me in the car, drove me to North Phoenix to the JW Marriot Desert Ridge Resort and Spa.............and left me there!




At first I was a little uneasy there alone, with even minimal cell phone privileges, really alone. After spending some time learning to let go and be pampered, I started to enjoy my new planet. I spent three days reading, writing in my journal, getting spa treatments, laying in the sun, eating food I didn't prepare, and letting someone else make my bed! I really enjoyed it! By Monday morning I was really missing the family though. I just couldn't stand not sharing this great place with them, so when they came to get me we all played together in the pools and lazy river, and I introduced the boys to my duck friends (who I admit talking to quite a lot during my stay - hey I missed Mr. Darcey too!).


Well, now I am home, and happy to be. What a great family I have! I am so grateful for the recharge so I remember to take the time to enjoy the time. Thanks Glen!

5 comments:

Stevens Family said...

I was afraid you would never want to come home! I am glad you came back to us! I missed you this week!

Gina said...

Wow, what an awesome brother I have! Mike doesn't usually read blogs but I think I might need him to read your blog today... :)

The Mathews Family said...

Oh HEAVEN! How wonderful for you! I always knew I really liked Glenn....!
-Jessica

Olivia said...

I am so glad that you enjoyed yourself!! You work so hard and deserve it! I missed ya!

Megan said...

hey sis.martineau! i love u and i hope you had a great time! sounds like so much fun!! i will miss u but i will still see you around!!

Favorite Tunes