Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Eve


In Sweden, they celebrate Christmas Eve, so this is when we do our Swedish smorgasbord. While the other kids dropped in occasionally throughout the day, Jacob was by my side every minute. Looking back, I think this was his favorite part of Christmas. While the other kids were outside playing, we baked and decorated all afternoon together. Here are our gingerbread Dala Horses, Tomte Grutte, and Grammy's "Popping seed" bread made into a cake by Jacob. If you ask him the recipe though, he'll proudly tell you "It's a SECRET recipe"


Don't let these sleeping faces fool you, they were up again at 4:00 and they cried when we made them go back to bed until 6:00.

1 comment:

The Mathews Family said...

I love it! I thought about you guys a lot on Christmas Eve. I wish we could have seen each other more when you were up. At least we were all celebrating in the same way together. Do you have the recipe for the rice pudding? I don't want to make any tomtes mad!!! I'm going to have to add Grammy's popping seed bread and the tomtegrot to our Christmas Eve Smorgasbord, though. Love you!
-Jessica

Favorite Tunes