Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring Break and "Pickle Therapy"

Let me introduce you to the the inspiring tale of "Pete and Pickles" by Berkeley Breathed.

On a perfectly predictable and practical day - one of many it seemed marching on in an endless precession of lessons, church meetings, scouts, housework, and school work, we came upon the story of Pete.

Pete was a predictable, practical and uncomplicated pig. And he would have remained so if he had not discovered-as so many of you have- a shivering elephant hiding beneath his bedroom lamp shade. Thus a new world opens for Pete in ways both sublimely silly and annoyingly imperfect...

The kids and I giggled like crazy over the pictures and story, and I suddenly felt inspired by what has come to be known as "Pickle Therapy". Typically fun and silliness takes a back seat to the vacuum cleaner, so what better time than SPRING BREAK rally your friends and live out your dreams and take time to giggle. So today we took a

"Swan Dive off Niagara Falls."
"Almost" We have one adventure planned each day. I fully expect to finish up this week better balanced and fully refreshed!

4 comments:

Rebecka said...

Sounds wonderfull!
What a great idea!

Anonymous said...

I want to COME!!!!!!!!!! :(

The Mathews Family said...

Oh you're fabulous... and tan... and so much fun. I agree with Sarah. I wanna come giggle too!
-J

Stevens Family said...

Be jealous be very jealous! Can't wait for tomorrow!

Favorite Tunes