Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Golden Spike (flashback)

In his history lesson today, Dawson read about Promontory Point and the joining of the Transcontinental Railroad. I told him that he had been there, and he was pretty impressed with that, so I promised to post some pictures of the day we went to the reenactment ceremony. (Unfortunately, he thought all that loud whistle-blowing was pretty scary and he cried most of the time we were there.)
This picture of Jeffrey and BrookLynn was taken for and published by local newspaper.Hmmmm, I wonder where BrookLynn got the idea that Jeffrey wanted "Gold, Silver and Gold!" for Christmas that year.




Jeffrey wanted me to take a picture of him by this "pioneer car" LOL!

3 comments:

Megan said...

aaahh!!! cute!

barbafamily said...

Love the "flashback"! Looks like was a great trip! You're such an awesome mom Jen. Love you!

Melanie Lynne said...

pioneer car. love it!
alexa

Favorite Tunes