Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Happiness List - The Potty Training Edition

Potty training tops my list of not favorite parenting responsibilities, but since the neglect of said responsibility could potentially cause future social drawbacks for my son as an adult, I have decided it's time to get it over with.
***
Day 2 and Jeffrey helps me see that I have a need for an attitude adjustment by following me around with his guitar and singing back to me every word of complaint I utter. (Yes, he really did - bless him.)
***
So if you read Alexa Dyan (and you should) you know she has started a happiness list trend. I thought perhaps a Happiness List would be just the thing to help me not let this golden moment of parenthood slip by without enjoyment. So here it is....
***
***
The 10 Happiest Things About Potty Training Sam
****************************************************
1. Bare-Naked Baby Bum
***
2. Arizona! 74 degrees outside all this week! He can have his accidents on the lawn instead of the carpet!
***
3. Brothers who share their experience in the field (and on the trees) and then share their ipod as motivation.
***
4. Not only is Sam not afraid of falling into the toilet, he likes to dip his little bum in the water before he starts - just for fun. (Or maybe he just likes a clean start?)
***
5. Playing the last 48 hours side by side with my baby.
***
6. Sam learning to hold on and do the potty dance until I pick him up and run for the bathroom. (And it's only day 2!!!)
***
7. Sam using his very happiest voice to try and talk me into giving him an ipod without having to poop. (Can you say "poop" on a blog?)
***
8. He doesn't need a book or movie while he waits for the big event, he sits and pulls funny faces at me to pass the time.
***
9. Did I mention I NEVER HAVE TO DO THIS AGAIN?
***
10. Sweet Success. The smile that makes it all worth while!

4 comments:

Stevens Family said...

Go Sam Go!

The Mathews Family said...

Oh my Google Reader has FAILED me! I thought you had dropped off of the blogging world... so excited to catch up on your posts. Hooray for Sammy!!! And I'm definitely booking a ticket on the Potty Train to Arizona for Milo (maybe not just yet, though... lol) because I can't even imagine what PT must be like with all of those helpers... and serenades. :o)
-Jessica

The Mathews Family said...

Oh and THANK YOU for the high chair! We love it!
-J

proud parents said...

I love JEFF. He cracks me up. Good luck with the PT!
PS-I miss you guys.

Favorite Tunes